A super healthy and digestion-friendly smoothie packed full of anti-inflammatory ingredients. The perfect way to kickstart your morning, as an afternoon pick-me-up or as your new favourite hangover-remedy.
The smoothie is inspired by the healthy version of a café latte: the Turmeric latte. It’s packed full of good stuff like C-vitamin providing lemon juice, ginger, turmeric (duh), almond milk and bananas. Make one of these in the morning and you’ll feel good for the rest of the day.
Honestly, I think this one can cure hangovers. Not gonna tell you why I think that. Haha But when you think about all the beneficial ingredients in this drink, it kind of makes sense.
What’s with the vitamins
Let’s run through a quick little introduction into the health benefits of each ingredient that goes into this super smoothie.
Turmeric is well known to work anti-inflammatory. Inflammation is perhaps to blame for many major health issues such as bloating and gut-related illnesses. Turmeric is your friend when it comes with dealing with this.
Other benefits are that turmeric can:
- help boost your digestion
- provide relief from a host of tummy problems
- help curb the free radical activity, which can boost skin health
- work as a pain reliever
- ginger is actually closely related to turmeric, galangal and cardamom.
- used medically for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- it is proven highly effective against nausea
- ginger Can Help Treat Chronic Indigestion
- there is also some evidence that ginger can enhance brain function directly
- Gingerol, the bioactive substance in fresh ginger, can help lower the risk of infections.
Lemon juice acts as a digestive and a detoxifying agent and helps in cleaning the liver leading to better digestive health. Did I mention it was good as a hangover remedy? 😉
Lemons are also full of C-vitamin which helps improve the skin quality, encourages weight loss, and acts as a breath freshener. Lemons also help with the treatment of constipation, dental problems, throat infections, fever, burns, respiratory disorders, and high blood pressure, while also benefiting your hair. All which benefit you the ‘morning after’ as well as genuinely just being a good source of healthy and tasty ingredients.
Turmeric latte-style Smoothie
A super healthy and digestion-friendly smoothie packed full of anti-inflammatory ingredients. Perfect way to kickstart your morning, as an afternoon pick-me-up or as your new favourite hangover-remedy.
- 2 small frozen bananas
- t tbsp peanut butter
- 2 cm fresh ginger (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2-3 cm fresh turmeric (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2,5 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5-6 ice cubes
This one is super easy folks, as all you have to do is to blend all the ingredients together and pour into tall glasses =)